It is located on the southern slope of the moraine hill of the Serra. It was founded in 1953 by a hundred members of Piverone and neighbouring villages. Construction of Cantina della Serra was completed in 1954 and it proceeded to the first vinification.
Today the Cantina della Serra has approximately 230 members located in 18 municipalities in the morenic countryside,
with the possibility of supplying about 12000 quintals of grapes.